Volaris Pet policy- Flying with your pet can be a little stressful, but don’t worry! Volaris Airlines has some great options for you and your furry friend. When you fly with Volaris, you can either take your pet with you on the plane or check them in. If you have a service or emotional support dog, you can also travel with them for free! If you are excited to know more, keep reading to learn everything you need to know about bringing your pet on Volaris Airlines.
General Conditions Under The Volaris Pet Travel Policy
Volaris has some rules for travelling with pets, these are as follows:
- You can bring your cat or dog on the plane if they and their carrier weigh less than 10 kilograms.
- If your pet and carrier weigh more than 10 kg, you must let Volaris know and document them.
- The total weight of your pet and carrier cannot exceed 45 kg. Only cats and dogs are allowed as pets.
- Their are two types of pet are allowed at volaris flights- only cats and dogs.
- Your pet must be at least 4 months of age to travel, and sick or nursing pets are not allowed.
- Only 4 pets are allowed on each aircraft, and each passenger may bring only one pet in the cabin.
- Pets under anaesthesia or without correct documents will not be allowed.
- If your pet smells or needs cleaning, it will not be allowed to board the plane.
- Always use a collar, leash or harness to keep your pet safe.
- To keep everyone safe, dangerous or ill-behaved pets will not be allowed in the passenger cabin.
Volaris Travel Requirement for Emotional Support Pet
If you have a special pet that gives you emotional support, such as a cat or dog, Volaris Airline has some rules for you, mentioned below:
- Volaris will not ask you to pay extra if your pet is for emotional support.
This rule applies to flights to and from Mexico, Central America and South America.
- If you want to bring your emotional support pet, you must follow these rules. If your pet does not meet these rules, it may be required to travel as a checked pet.
- You must have paper from a mental health professional or a qualified person Be latest, from last year.
- Be on official letterhead paper with the professional’s licence number.
- Your emotional support animal can go in a carrier or on a leash. But if it is a dog then its weight cannot be more than 26 pounds.
- Cats must be in sturdy carriers. Dogs must be in either clothing or a sturdy carrier.
- The total weight of your pet and carrier cannot exceed 26 pounds.
Service dogs may leave their carriers, but only when the aircraft is not taking off or landing.
Volaris Documents Requirment To Travel With Pet
If you want to travel with your pet on Volaris, you must follow these rules and have the correct documents:
- When travelling with your pet on Volaris, be sure to bring both the original and a copy of your pet’s vaccination card.
- Your pet must be vaccinated for rabies within 30 days before your visit.
- If your pet is over 15 months old, it is important to keep a record of all rabies shots. Additionally, make sure vaccination information is recorded on the card at least one year before your planned travel.
- Your pet needs anti-parasite treatment within six months before your return flight.
- Treatment must be performed by a licensed veterinarian and noted on paper.
- A veterinarian must examine your pet and issue a health certificate. If you are returning then the certificate must be valid for roundtrip.
- Sign the pet transportation form during check-in at Volaris Airlines.
- Bring a copy and original of the zoo’s hygiene certificates.
- If your pet is flying to or from the United States, you do not need a health certificate.
Volaris Pet in Cabin Requirement
- To bring your pet into the cabin of an airplane with Volaris, you must follow specific guidelines.
- First, make sure you have a Volaris-approved pet carrier.
- This carrier should be compact, measuring no more than 17.5 inches in length, 12 inches in width, and 7.5 inches in height.
- Your pet should fit snugly inside the carrier, allowing them to stand and move around a bit.
- The carrier should be sturdy, especially for cats who may need extra support.
- Place the carrier under the seat in front of you during the flight.
- It is important to note that your pet must remain inside the carrier during the entire trip without any exceptions.
- For dogs and cats, if you are traveling together, they should be seated in the back row near the window.
- By following these rules ensures a safe and comfortable journey with Volaris for both you and your pet.
Requirements To Travel With Pet As Checked Baggage In Volaris
- By following these guidelines for travel, you can ensure a safe and comfortable trip for your pet with checked luggage.
- The combined weight of the cage and your pet should not exceed 45 kg.
- The cage should be sturdy, well constructed and have air flow from all sides for proper ventilation.
- It should be leak-proof, scratch-resistant and equipped with handles for easy lifting.
- If cage size exceeds 158 cm, additional charges will apply.
- Make sure the cage provides enough room for your pet to move around comfortably, and also includes an odour neutralizer.
- Don’t forget to put your contact information on the cage for identification purposes.
- Maintain cleanliness inside the cage by using rocks or absorbent material, and make sure the container is spill-resistant to handle any accidents.
Pet Travel Fee For Volaris
If you plan to bring your pet on a Volaris flight manage booking, be aware of applicable fees, which vary depending on whether you are flying domestic or international.
For domestic travel, if you book online, it’s $60 to travel with your pet and $100 to check them as luggage. At the airport, these fees increase to $75 and $135, respectively.
For international travel, the online fee is $100 to travel with your pet and $200 to check them as luggage. At the airport, these fees increase to $125 and $225. Keep in mind that service animals that meet specific conditions are exempt from these fees. It is important to understand and follow these rules to ensure a smooth trip for you and your pet.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) – Volaris Travelling with Pet
What types of pets are allowed?
Volaris allows dogs and cats to travel with you. Be sure to check the specific guidelines for each type of pet.
Can I bring my pet on Volaris flights?
Yes, you can bring your pet on Volaris flights. They have a pet-friendly policy.
Are there any health documents required for my pet?
Yes, you must provide your pet’s health and vaccination records. Make sure you have all the necessary documents before travelling.
Is there a limit on the number of pets on a flight?
Yes, Volaris has a limit on the number of pets per flight, so it’s a good idea to book early to secure a spot for your pet.
Can I bring my cat on Volaris flights?
Sure! Volaris allows cats to travel on their aircraft, and they have rules and things you need to do if you want to bring your cat with you.
Can I bring my dog on Volaris flights?
Yes ! Volaris allows dogs to travel on their aircraft, and they have rules and policies you need to do if you want to bring your dog with you.