British Airways Cancellation Policy
British Airways understands the passenger’s problem when a booked ticket needs to be canceled for some unwanted reasons. Therefore, British Airways made its policies like other airlines to make its cancellation more informative and beneficial for you. If you are a customer of British Airways but for some circumstances, you need to cancel your ticket and then you need to know British Airways cancellation policy. The policy of British Airways depends upon the type of ticket purchased, your destination and the time of cancellation.
Here are some conditions of British Airways cancellation policy-
- If you cancel your flight more than 24 hours before the scheduled departure, then you will be able to get a full refund.
- If you can cancel your flight within 24 hours of the scheduled departure, then a fee may apply.
British Airways Cancellation Fee
The cancellation fee which is charged by British Airways can only be applied when you cancel your flight within 24 hours of scheduled departure.
The cancellation fee or service charge which is applied by British Airways is as follows:-
- You can cancel your ticket online free of cost.
- If you cancel your ticket by phone then its charge is – USD 25.
- Cancellation fee at the airport is 35 USD.
- Cancellation fee for non-refundable tickets is 10 USD online, 25 USD by phone and 35 USD at the airport.
HOW TO CANCEL BRITISH AIRWAYS FLIGHTS?
You can cancel or manage your British Airways flight online and by phone call to customer service at British Airways.
1. British Airways cancellation via online-
Here are some steps to cancel your ticket online.
- Visit at website of britishairways.com
- Tap on manage my booking option.
- Enter the required details like your name and booking reference.
- Now click on the find booking button.
- Select the flight that you want to cancel and your booking procedure now be done.
2. Cancellation via phone call-
- Visit the British Airways website and find a number to contact them.
- Call +1-844-999-4092 to contact a British Airways agent.
- Once you connect with the agent tell them the cause of the cancellation.
- Tell all the required details as asked.
- Now your cancellation details come into your mailbox.
British Airways Refund Policy
British Airways’ refund policy also helps their passengers to save their money, the most important thing is that the refund policy applies to all its passengers and every type of ticket.
Some major points of British Airways refund policy:-
- The passenger would be able to get a full refund if the flight is canceled by the airline itself.
- If you cancel your flight for reasons other than those mentioned above, you will receive a refund on your ticket fare.
- If you reach your final destination more than 3 hours late and the reason for the delay is under British Airways’ control, you may have the right to claim compensation.
- To get a refund you must be able to prove that you paid for the ticket.
- Your refund money will be back in terms of fees, charges, surcharges, taxes, etc.
Will I get a Refund for the British Airways no-show policy?
If you booked your ticket directly with British Airways and notice a mistake in your booked ticket after you have paid for your flight. You can cancel your flight ticket and claim a full refund without penalty up to 24 hours from the time of your original ticket booking.